…from Music K-8 Magazine.
“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” – Victor Hugo
In last centuries B.C., Egyptians considered enemy musicians to be honored citizens and did not harm them. All others were fair game for hideous treatment.
Musicians with Perfect Pitch…..
Ludwig van Beethoven
Yo Yo Ma
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Arguably the longest title on a successful pop tune is Hoagy Carmichael’s ‘I’m a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doin’ Those Beat-o, Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues.’ The composer later claimed the song title really ended with “Yank” and the rest was just a joke.”
AKAs and Their Real Names
Cher: Cherilyn Sarkasian
LaPierCoolio: Artis Ivey
Grandmaster Flash: Joseph Sadler
LL Cool J: James Todd Smith
MC Hammer: Stanley Kirk Burrell
Queen Latifah: Dana Owens
Snoop Doggy Dog: Calvin Broadus
Vanilla Ice: Robert Van Winkle
“Melophobia” is the fear of all music. “Aulophobia” is the fear of flutes.
- Most cows give more milk when they listen to music.
- Recent research confirms that male mice construct fairly complex songs and sing in the presence of female mice…or their pheremones.
- A cricket’s song gets faster as the temperature gets warmer.
- Giraffes completely lack vocal chords.
- Termites eat much faster when they are exposed to loud music