He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He
increases power. Isaiah 40:29 (NASB)
It’s been a rough week. First, there was school stuff–grades due, children antsy for spring break, and the start of the marathon that is the last few months of the school year. Then, it’s been a week of wierd things, too. The skin around my right eye is red and swollen for some unknown reason. I drove to work this morning in a black-skied, strong-winded, angry thunderstorm (after fighting with my hair, of course.) The list could go on….
Then, just a few minutes ago, it hit me that today is Thankful Thursday. Today, I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and start counting my blessings. So, here I go, in my attempt to adjust my attitude. I am thankful for…..
1. Makeup to cover up the horrid redness around me eye
2. Safety on the way to school
3. Being able to get my grades in on time
4. Lots of new and excited students for the beginning band (over half the class, actually)
5. A good response from the sixth grade students when the musical parts were announced
6. A pretty good start to my new business
7. Warmer weather
8. Spring break being only a little over a week away