This week’s thankful list is centered on things I have (until recently) taken for granted.
1. I’m thankful for alarm clocks. For an explanation of why I am so thankful, please see my previous post.
2. I’m thankful for electricity. After a storm knocked out the power for six hours on Tuesday evening, I have a new-found appreciation. It takes a loss of electricity every now and then to remind me of how many things I use it for every day.
3. I’m thankful for the repair men who had the power up and running again in a matter of hours as opposed to days or weeks.
4. I’m thankful for candles. As a teacher, I get more candles in a given year than I could possibly use in a normal decade. I always have appreciated them for ambiance, but I sometimes tire of them. On Tuesday, though, I depended upon them to get through the evening.
5. I’m thankful that my car is a little one. This morning on the way to work, I had to pass a spot in the road where a semi had decided to park with it’s nose sticking 3/4 of the way across the street. Thankfully, there was just enough room for my tiny little car to squeeze between the truck and the mailbox on the opposite side of the street.
6. I’m thankful that my tiny little car gets great gas mileage. (No explanation necessary on this one.)
7. I’m thankful for the Thursday reminder to count my blessings. Swing by Iris’s place at Sting My Heart to read more lists of gratitude. It’s always a blessing for me.